Saturday, May 17, 2014

White in Black

Saturday, May 17, 2014
It’s two minutes past 1 and I’m really bored, so yeah, I’m just gonna ramble. Okay, so I just got done with my finals which meant freshman year has finally come to an end and oh my god, how do I even begin expressing my gratitude *sarcastic*. Let’s just say I’m glad it’s over. Don’t you think uni can be a pain in the a*s sometimes? (well, most of the time, actually). We all have those annoying professors who don’t do much while expecting us to ace their insanely difficult exams. As if that was not enough, we still have to deal with a whole lot of people, a bigger community compared to high school, for example. I know some people may not have had a good experience in high school, but for me, it was a fine one and I met good people who knew me well enough for me to be comfortable around them. But uni is a different story, many times I feel like people have their own agendas making it hard to just get comfortable around them. You know, sometimes it’s better to just keep a face. Like, really, you don’t even know most of their names! My transition into uni in the beginning was really exciting, meeting all the new people who would later on become my friends. I was one of those people looking forward to uni. But now that I’ve been here for almost a year, with all the new people I met, I still feel like I’m adjusting. Everyday is an adjustment. Even after spending a whole year with them, you sometimes feel like you barely knew them at all. However, when there’s black, there’s also white. I’m lucky enough to have met a couple of really lovely people who have given me the hope of successfully and socially surviving the next three years of uni.
xx, 
NS

No comments:

Post a Comment

The New Year Kid © 2014